With a little practice, female condoms are very easy to use don’t be scared!
Instructions on How to insert the female condom
- First Unwrap the Condom from it’s packaging
- Use a Personal Lubricant on the outside of the closed end.
- Find a comfortable position. You can stand with one foot on a chair, sit on the edge of a chair, lie down, or squat.
- Squeeze together the sides of the inner ring at the closed end of the condom and insert it into the vagina like a tampon.
- Push the inner ring into the vagina as far as it can go
- Pull out your finger and let the outer ring hang about an inch outside the vagina.
The Female Condom can also be used for Anal Intercourse. Simply follow the same instructions above.
During vaginal intercourse, it is normal for the female condom to move side to side.
- Stop intercourse if the penis slips between the condom and the walls of the vagina or if the outer ring is pushed into the vagina. As long as your partner has not yet ejaculated, you can gently remove the condom from the vagina, add extra personal lubricant, and insert it once again. If your partner has ejaculated outside the female condom into your vagina, you may want to consider using emergency contraception (morning after pill). Emergency contraception can prevent pregnancy if started up to five days after unprotected intercourse. The sooner you start it, the better it will work.
- FEMALE CONDOMS CANNOT BE REUSED!
- Do NOT try to flush Female Condoms down the Toilet. They will get stuck.
To remove the female condom
- Squeeze and twist the outer ring to keep semen inside the pouch.
- Gently pull it out of the vagina or anus.
- Throw it away. Do not flush it down the toilet.